Friday, March 15, 2013
The Roper St. Francis Mount Pleasant Hospital Breast Care Center will host an evening of free breast screenings and grant-sponsored mammograms March 20.
Forty appointments will be available as part of the Mammograms in March event which is a community outreach event sponsored by Roper St. Francis Cancer Care and the Lowcountry Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. The event is scheduled to begin at 4 p.m., in the medical office building at Roper St. Francis Mount Pleasant Hospital. The facility is located at 3500 U.S. Highway 17 North in Mount Pleasant (between Park West and Wando High School). There is no charge for parking.
Registration is required for attendance. Please call 843-402-CARE (2273) to register and find out more.
Board certified doctors who will perform clinical breast examinations include Steve Akman, MD, medical director of Roper St. Francis Cancer Care and Jennifer Beatty, MD, of The Breast Place. Sherry Folse, MD, Roper Radiologists will conduct mammograms along with other medical professionals are donating their time and expertise.
Mammograms in March is one piece of a network of educational programs, medical services and patient support initiatives provided by Roper St. Francis Cancer Care in the areas of breast cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment. Other features include:
• Breast Cancer Survivor Coach Program and SASSY Support Group
• Breast Microsurgery
• Breast Nurse Navigator Program
• Board certified oncologists, radiologists and surgeons
• Chemotherapy Certified Nursing Staff
• Donna Fielding Cancer Wellness Institute
• The Healing Boutique at Roper St. Francis Cancer Center
• Lymphedema Management
• Mammography at five locations
• National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
• Nutrition-Based Prevention Classes
• Roper Hospital Breast Cancer Center of Excellence
• Sponsor of Komen Lowcountry Affiliate Race For The Cure; American Cancer Society Relay For Life
Roper St. Francis Healthcare is a charter member of Levine Cancer Institute. For more information about Roper St. Francis Cancer Care please visit www.rsfh.com/cancer.
Moultrie News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not Moultrie News.