Monday, April 1, 2013
The South Carolina Press Association released the winners of their annual news contest. This year the Moultrie News is proud to have earned six placements in the weekly newspaper division, competing against newspapers across SC with a circulation of over 6,000. Moultrie News’ circulation is 27,351.
• Business Reporting - First Place - Sully Witte
• Lifestyle/Feature Special Edition or Section - Third Place - Lowcountry Life - May 30, 2012
• Humor Column Writing - Third Place - Sully Witte - The Police Blotter
• Series of Articles - Second Place - Sully Witte - Habitat for Humanity extreme build
• Inside Page Design - First - Kathy Simes (Page Designer) - No man is an island - The life of Andrew Magwood
•Online column writing - Renae Brabham was named the first place winner in the open division for online column writing.
Her column which will now be featured online and in print, is called Piddlin’ in Dixie.
Moultrie News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not Moultrie News.