Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Schnauzer Rescue of the Carolinas [SRC] would like to announce the latest fundraiser for the 501(c)(3) non-profit organization – “Doggone Good Cooking”, Recipe Book, filled with 150 recipes and many images and collages of the rescue animals saved by SRC. The first edition cookbooks are on sale now for $20, with free shipping included. Profits from the “Doggone Good Cooking” Recipe Book will assist SRC with the vetting, rehabilitation, medical needs and rescuing of animals, including Schnauzers and other rescue animals that need our immediate care and fostering to save their lives.
Imagine living a life fearful of humans, hungry, wet or tied by a chain to a tree, without water or food, or someone to care. Imagine human hands striking you, or using water hoses or gardening tools to get you to move to the next area to do your business as a stud. Imagine a hoarding situation where animals are piled high, forgotten. Imagine a stranger or a family member removing you from a loving home, leaving you at a killing shelter. Such is the life of rescue animals no longer wanted by their families. Rescue animals are those that have been rescued after being used for breeding, puppy mills and other abusive, neglectful situations.’
There are many heartbreaking situations that cause Schnauzers and other rescues to be treated in such a manner. When this occurs, Schnauzer Rescue of the Carolinas, [SRC] steps up to save these precious animals. According to their website, http://www.schnauzerrescueofthecarolinas.org “All of our adoption donations go back into helping with the care for other rescues. It is a group of volunteers within North Carolina, South Carolina, Southern Virginia, Eastern Tennessee and Northern Georgia whose sole purpose is to rescue and secure loving, permanent homes for displaced Miniature, Standard and Giant Schnauzers. The group fosters rescues in a loving family environment and spend many personal hours working with them to ensure that they are ready for a new home in an approved, adoptable family. Volunteers rescue because many animals would otherwise die. The average rate of animals killed each year by animal control facilities is 75 percent of all animals that enter their doors, the other 25 percent includes dogs and cats that are returned to their owners as well as those that are adopted.”
The volunteers for SRC are a group of dedicated, loving members who strive to open their homes and hearts to these precious animals. The goal for SRC is to find adoptable homes for each animal. Fundraising helps to assist with the care, medical treatments and other necessary needs to give each animal a quality of life they deserve. SRC has opened their hearts to other animals, not necessarily of the Schnauzer breed.
Schnauzer Rescue of the Carolinas is proud of their latest non-profit project which will provide additional funding to save the lives of abused and neglected rescue dogs. The 150 recipes included will be a great gift idea. Chapters include Soups, Salads and Sides, The Main Course, Sweet Treats, and Appetizers, Snacks and Critter Cuisine, ideal for people and pets.
To purchase your copy of “Doggone Good Cooking”, please make checks in the amount of $20 payable to:
Schnauzer Rescue of the Carolinas
2323 Metts Avenue
Wilmington, N.C. 28403
For additional information, contact Barbie Perkins-Cooper at 843-884-7631.
Moultrie News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not Moultrie News.