Get inspired at Daniel Island home show
Charleston Home + Design magazine urges local homeowners to get inspired and get started on building their new dream home or remodeling their existing home. The Charleston Home + Design Show on Daniel Island - to be held April 20-21 at Family Circle Stadium - promises to help them do just that by showcasing thousands of the newest and finest custom home products by many of Charleston’s most recognized and respected local companies.
Show highlights include:
• Admission and parking are absolutely free during regular show hours.
• It’s a rain-or-shine event with more than 75 of the most reputable local companies lining the stadium concourse, which is shaded from the sun, protected from the elements and has cool breezes off the Wando River.
• Daniel Island Luxury Home Tour: Seven private residences will open their doors to the public on Saturday, April 20. Architects and builders will be on hand to answer questions and point out architectural details at each home. Tickets are $20 in advance (via DanielIslandLuxuryHomeTour.com) and $25 on April 20 at Family Circle Stadium. The self-guided tour consists of seven, private residences completely open to the public. 100 percent of ticket sales for the tour will benefit Retired Service Volunteer Program (RSVP). RSVP volunteers tutor children, assist in hospitals, give tours in historic locations and distribute food to the homeless and elderly.
• Food Truck Row: Featuring two to four local food trucks each day of the show including: GeeChee Island, Roadside Seafood, Carolina Creole, Auto Bahn and Dulce
• Win a $5,500 Organizational Makeover (including 20 hours of professional organizing services from Jennifer Truesdale with STR8N Up, a Murphy Wall Bed from HWC Custom Cabinetry and a custom closet system from Advanced Window Fashions)
• Free home and design seminars all weekend long for homeowners.
Show hours are Saturday, April 20 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, April 21 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.