Jane Hart - Third Place - Entry on Church Street - oil
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
The Mount Pleasant Artists Guild Exhibition was held Sunday, April 28 during the Blessing of the Fleet Festival at Waterfront Park in Mount Pleasant.
It was a very successful event. A portion of the sales goes toward the annual scholarship fund for a local high school graduating art student.
New members are always welcome.
Artists given awards at this event are as follows:
• Judith Chamberlin - First Place - pastel - “Perchance to Dream”;
• Kat Sullivan Eckel - Second Place - oil - “Bud and Best Friend” ;
• Jane Hart - Third Place - oil - “Entry on Church Street”
• Honorable Mention Awards went to Susanne Frenzel - photo - “Flashback”; Kat Sullivan Eckel - oil “Hidden Summer Refuge;” and Gazie Nagel - photo - “Angel with Scallop”
• The Roberta Smith Watterson Watercolor Award went to Becky Taylor - “ Abandoned”
• The People’s Choice Award went to Kat Eckel Sullivan - oils - “Bud and Best Friend” and “Patricia at Sunset.”
Moultrie News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not Moultrie News.