Don’t walk down the street with a toter next time

  • Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A young couple with a child in common got into a fight one evening, and the female left the house for the night.

She went to a male friend’s house that evening and the next day, asked him to escort her back to her home.

According to a police report, when they pulled up, her boyfriend came out of the house with a shotgun pointed at their car.

He began to pump the shotgun and they drove away “in fear for their lives.”

A witness told police that she had been having cocktails with the man all day and he told her prior to their arrival, “if she brings another man to this house I will shoot the &^#$@#$.”

She was able to talk him into taking the shells out of the gun which he did.

They were having a beer when the car pulled up and the man said, “That (&^%$# actually brought him to my house.”

The witness said in her statement that he then got the gun and went outside.

Police questioned the man about the incident and he admitted to it.

They then searched the house, retrieved the gun and charged him with Criminal Domestic Violence of a High and Aggravated Nature and Pointing and Presenting a Firearm.

Not a criminal

Hotel employees realized their cash drawer had been compromised one day and called police.

The manager explained to officers that a suspect stole money from the cash drawer and it was all caught on tape. At 5:15 in the morning, a man entered the hotel while the front desk clerk was in the kitchen preparing breakfast.

The man hopped the counter and rummaged through drawers until he found a key. He then used that key to open the cash drawer and allegedly steal money.

It wasn’t until going to clear the cash drawer at 7:45 a.m. that the employee realized the money was missing.

That’s when they viewed the security footage, saw what happened and called police. The theft took less than four minutes to execute.

According to the police report, when officers viewed the security footage, they were able to identify the suspect due to having dealt with him in the past.

The suspect is currently homeless and has been involved in other similar incidents.

Later in the morning, an officer spotted the suspect who had on the exact outfit as he did earlier on the video tape. The officer began questioning him and asked him where he stayed the night before.

Brilliantly, he came up with the name of the hotel he just allegedly robbed.

The officer then asked him if he rented a room.

He responded that he had not, but he slept on a lounge chair by the pool.

After further questioning, the suspect then admitted to jumping the counter and taking the money.

According to the incident report, he admitted to taking about $150.

In his pocket was $145.

He said $5 was missing because he bought a beer earlier. He then added that he was not a criminal and had simply just needed money for a place to stay.

He was arrested and booked for larceny.

I know nothing

Police were called to a local bank because a man was there trying to cash a fraudulent check.

The check was from a hospice facility in another part of the state.

The account this check belonged to had been victimized recently and the account closed, making the check invalid.

The bank employees detained the suspect, called the hospice company owner and waited for police.

The suspect said he did not know anything about the check, according to a police report.

He said two men, who he didn’t know, were giving him checks and then having him cash them.

He said they would give him a cut of the check.

This particular check was for $1,028.28.

Of course not knowing anything about the check didn’t get him out of trouble.

He was arrested, questioned and booked in the jail house for forgery.

One more sip

Three men left a local bar recently and started walking down Coleman Boulevard. But one of the men in the group just had to have that last sip of his drink.

Instead of finishing up the drink in the bar, he took it with him, in the glass they had served it in.

Much to his surprise a police officer driving down Coleman Boulevard saw the glass in his hand and stopped to have a little chat.

When the officer parked and got out to speak with the man, the drink had already been poured out.

It was a rum and coke, according the a police report. He was a issued a ticket for drinking in a public place.

The glass was returned to the bar.

Itchy situation

Police were called to a home because a woman was having a “bi-polar incident” according to her sister who was the complainant.

When officers arrived the complainant explained to them that her sister was picking at her arms and had not been taking her medicine.

She said her sister thinks she got crabs from her boyfriend.

According to an incident report, the complainant told police her sister was trying to pick the crabs off of her arm.

The officer went inside the home to find the sister with her boyfriend.

She explained to officers, as detailed in the incident report, that she was upset with her boyfriend because she thought he had cheated on her and had given her an STD after they had relations prior to the officer’s arrival. She told the officer she just wanted to leave the residence and go home.

She said she had been taking all of her proper medications and had not been picking at herself. Since there was no disturbance at the residence, the case was closed.

The Police Blotter is intended to be an informative and/or humorous column written from police reports obtained from the Mount Pleasant Police Department. Many of the stories come from the initial incident reports and, occasionally, supplemental reports. Generally, cases have not been adjudicated at the time of publication. See more columns at www.moultrienews.com.

Latest Videos
On Vacation
News from Twitter

Moultrie News

© 2016 Moultrie News an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.