Friday, July 26, 2013
This summer, the Town of Mount Pleasant and the Charleston County Park and Recreation Commission (CCRPC) are presenting a variety of events at the Memorial Waterfront Park and the Mount Pleasant Pier. Come out to the Great Lawn or the Pier for free movies, free waterslides, live music and great fishing. Here are the park and pier’s remaining summertime events:
• Aug. 7: Splash Day in the Park: Free event hosted by the Town of Mount Pleasant. Water slides and jump castles in the park. 10 a.m– 2 p.m.
• Aug. 17: Shaggin’ on the Cooper with Palmetto Soul: Live music on the pier hosted by CCPRC. Gates open at 7 p.m.; Event 8-11 p.m. Tickets are $10 or $8 in advance for Charleston County Residents. Free parking.
• Aug. 23: Movies in the Park: Hosted by the Town of Mount Pleasant. Free event and free parking. Movie starts at sundown. Visit www.comeonovermp.com for movie listings.
• Aug. 31: Cooper River Challenge Fishing Tournament. Hosted by CCPRC. Tournament ends at 4 p.m. $13 or $10 for residents of Charleston County. Visit www.ccprc.com/fishing to register in advance.
• Sept. 8: Shaggin’ on the Cooper with the Coastal Breeze Band: Live music on the pier hosted by CCPRC. Gates open at 7 p.m.; Event 8-11 p.m. Tickets are $10 or $8 in advance for Charleston County Residents. Free parking.
The Mount Pleasant Pier is open every day, and is a great location for fishing, walking, and enjoying beautiful views of Charleston Harbor. Fishing equipment is available for rentals on site. Drinks, treats and snacks are available for purchase at the pier’s Riverwatch Cafe, and on-site vendors will sell beverages at select special events. The Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park and the Mount Pleasant Pier are located at the foot of the Arthur Ravenel, Jr. Bridge at 71 Harry Hallman Blvd.
For further details or to purchase advance tickets for Shaggin’ on the Cooper, visit www.ccprc.com, or call 843-795-4386 or 843-762-9946. For further information on Town of Mount Pleasant events, visit www.comeonovermp.com.