Sunday, August 18, 2013
Had a long day at work and away from man’s best friend? Pick up your pup and join the fun at free dog-friendly events in August through October. On select Thursday evenings, Charleston County Parks’ Pups, Yups and Food Trucks is held at Mount Pleasant Palmetto Islands County Park and the popular Yappy Hour series takes place right in the James Island County Park dog park.
Mingle with friends old and new while your dog visits with his favorite pals, plus enjoy beverages and live music in the park.
Pups, Yups and Food Trucks returns to Palmetto Islands County Park on Aug. 15 at 5 p.m. Join other area dog owners for live music, food trucks and beverages in the meadow at the beautiful Mount Pleasant park. Afterward, let your four-legged friend run around the nearby dog park to socialize.
Starting Aug. 22, the popular Yappy Hour series returns to James Island County Park. Held in the dog park, people can enjoy live music on stage and beverages for sale, while their dogs enjoy an evening off leash.
Best of all, both events are free with general park admission ($1 per person or free with Charleston County Parks’ Gold Pass). Beverages are available for an additional fee. Outside alcohol and coolers are prohibited.
Pups, Yups and Food Trucks at Palmetto Islands County Park:
• Aug. 15, 5-8 p.m. Music by Big John Belly, Cast Iron and Charleston Festival Foods trucks.
• Sept. 12, 5 p.m. – sunset. Music by Dave Landeo, Charleston Festival Foods and the Foodie Truck.
• Oct. 17, 5 p.m. – sunset. Music by The Bill Show, Autobanh, Charleston Festival Foods trucks.
Yappy Hour at James Island County Park:
• Aug. 22, 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Music by Steel Rollers
• Sept. 19, 4 p.m. – sunset. Music by Rawberry Jam
• Oct. 10, 4 p.m. – sunset. Music by Whiskey Diablo
For more information call 795-4386 or visit www.ccprc.com. Pups, Yups and Food Trucks and Yappy Hour are presented by Piggly Wiggly, Crews Subaru, Southern Eagle Distributing, and Your Charleston County Parks.