Wednesday, October 23, 2013
The third annual Blue Jamboree will be held Saturday, Oct 26 from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Jenkins Institute. The keynote speaker for the South Carolina Blue Jamboree 2013, Congressman Elijah Cummings.
Congressman Cummings has dedicated his life of service to uplifting and empowering the people he is sworn to represent. He began his career of public service in the Maryland House of Delegates, where he served for 14 years and became the first African American in Maryland history to be named Speaker Pro Tem. Since 1996, Congressman Cummings has proudly represented Maryland’s 7th Congressional District in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Congressman Cummings is a nationally renowned fighter for the working families of the United States. The Blue Jamboree is considered a gateway to the 2014 election.
Considered “one of the biggest, bluest rallies in the state,” Blue Jamboree will feature top Democratic Party leaders in an entertaining and fun environment. Excellent food and beverage vendors will be available.
The Blue Jamboree will also include the presentation of the 2013 Marjorie Amos-Frazier Pacesetter Award to the iconic stateswoman Lucille S. Whipper!
Blue Jamboree is organised by the West Ashley Democrats, and passes are $10 per person. Get your pass today by going to http://www.scbluejamboree.com/get-passes.html
The jamboree will feature the following:
• Assistant Democratic Leader of the U.S. House of Representatives James Clyburn
• S.C. Senator and 2014 Democrat for Governor Vincent Sheeheen
• S.C. Representative and 2014 Democrat for Lt. Gov Bakari Sellers
• S.C. Representative and 2014 Democrat for Superintendent of Education “Coach” Mike Anthony
• 2013 Democrat for S.C. Senate 42 Marlon Kimpson
• Charleston County Councilman Vic Rawl
• 2012 Democrat for U.S. House of Representatives (SC1) Bobbie Rose
• Music from Smokey Weiner and the Hot Links