Wren to run for MP council
Joseph Wren announced his candidacy for the Town of Mount Pleasant council seat in the Nov. 5 election.
Wren, a 17-year resident of the town, has 12 years of public service experience. He has served as treasurer for the Mount Pleasant Historic Commission and for the Mount Pleasant Land Conservancy. In addition to public service, Wren is the founder and owner of Legal Professionals and helped establish Firefly Legal, SC in Mount Pleasant.
"As a small business owner and manager, I am always seeking to improve efficiency and be cost-effective in operations on a daily basis. I will bring that mindset to the Town of Mount Pleasant."
Joseph Wren and his family are members of East Cooper Baptist Church, where he currently serves as deacon and teaches children's Sunday school. His wife, Teresa, is a public school teacher at Jennie Moore Elementary where his two daughters also attend.
Wren is heavily involved in local recreational leagues, serving as coach and player.
"I have been granted a broad perspective on issues surrounding Mount Pleasant," said Wren. "I have been blessed to start a business in Mount Pleasant, buy my first house in the Old Village area and become involved in that community. Several years later, my family moved to the north area of Mount Pleasant where we have witnessed the infrastructure and school issues that have developed from the growth of the area."
"The council needs someone on board whose lens is focused on raising a family, business acumen and making Mount Pleasant a great place for all of us to live. With the school crowding issues in Mount Pleasant, families with young school-age children need to be represented on Mount Pleasant Town Council. After prayerful consideration, I believe now is the time and this is my place."
If elected, Wren plans to focus on the following issues:
- Improve the time-lines of school building projects, including a new high school, while working with Charleston County School District to enhance school rezoning for Mount Pleasant Schools
- Enhance existing and future road infrastructure projects
- Create a new senior center and help provide the recreation department the facilities and tools it needs to serve its citizens, especially in north Mount Pleasant
- Preserve natural spaces within the town to include wetlands, scenic vistas and public spaces such as parks and trails
- Study all areas of the town's budget and programs for greater fiscal responsibility
For more information, please visit JosephWren.com or contact Joseph Wren at email@example.com.