Wednesday, December 4, 2013
The Mount Pleasant Police Department offers the following traffic safety tips and wishes residents and visitors a safe and happy holiday season.
Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting Ceremony Traffic Details:
• Coleman Boulevard from Magrath-Darby to Pelzer Drive (northbound side) will be closed at 4 p.m.
• Coleman Boulevard from Houston Northcutt to Pelzer Drive (southbound side) will be closed at 4 p.m.
• Coleman Boulevard from Pelzer Drive to Rifle Range Road (north and south)will be closed at 5 p.m.
• Coleman Boulevard southbound from Houston Northcutt to the Ravenel Bridge will remain open during the parade.
• Rifle Range Road will remain open throughout the parade but expect delays due to heavy congestion.
• Chuck Dawley Boulevard will be closed at Myrick Road. Expect delays due to heavy congestion on Chuck Dawley Boulevard.
• The fireworks and tree lighting will be at 5:30 pm.
• Parade starts immediately following the fireworks.
• Parade should end between 7:30 - 8:30 p.m. Roads will open thereafter.
• Mount Pleasant Police will not control parking on private property or in private parking lots. Parking is not allowed on the street in front of The Boulevard.
• Christ Our King will hold mass as scheduled.
• Child pick up will be either Sea Island Shopping Center or as directed by person in charge of the float.
• Missing child/parent tent will be located at Regions Bank, Sea Island Shopping Center.