Pet Fest 2014 moves to March 22 and 23
Our pets love us unconditionally – so why not give back to our best friends by bringing them out for some fun? Pets, their owners, and those in search of a pet are invited to join Charleston County Parks for a full weekend of exhibits, demonstrations, experts, entertainment, and more at Charleston's premier pet festival, Pet Fest. The fun takes place on two days, Saturday, March 22 and Sunday, March 23, from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. each day at Mount Pleasant Palmetto Islands County Park.
Pet Fest provides an opportunity for local pet organizations and businesses to showcase their causes, products and services in a fun, pet-friendly environment. Leashed pets are welcome with their owners. Or, come to the festival in search of your new best friend from local rescue groups, who will have adoptable animals on site.
Highlights (ongoing each day):
• Lowcountry Dog Magazine's Cover Model Contest
• Swift Paws Lure Chasing – let your dog race on a lure course for a $10 donation
• Veterinarians, trainers, groomers and pet suppliers
• Nutrition, education and training tents
• Dog washing station
• Rescue groups and adoption centers with adoptable animals
• Children's activities, including jump castles
• Food, beverages and beer for sale
Event and activities:
• K9s in Flight Frisbee Dogs and Dock Diving (12, 2 & 4 p.m. daily). Your dog can dive for a $5 donation!
• Charleston Kennel Club's “Meet the Breed” and Family Dog Show (Sunday, 1 p.m.)
• Pet Contests – Best Trick, Owner Pet Look-Alike, Face Only a Mother Could Love, Musical Sit, Best Dog Costume
• Live music by Unkle Funkle, Sunday at 3 p.m.
• STARR (Search, Tactics, And Rescue/Recovery) Team Demonstrations
• K-9 Good Citizens Test (Saturday only)
Don't miss Pet Fest, Saturday, March 22 and Sunday, March 23 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day at Mount Pleasant Palmetto Islands County Park (444 Needlerush Pkwy). Admission: $8 per day. Dogs must remain leashed throughout the event. Children 12 and under, Gold Pass Holders and leashed pets are free. Pet Fest is brought to you by your Charleston County Parks. For further information call 843-795-4386 or visit charlestoncountyparks.com/petfest.
Owned and managed by the Charleston County Park and Recreation Commission (CCPRC), Palmetto Islands County Park is located at 444 Needlerush Parkway in Mount Pleasant. The mission of CCPRC is to improve the quality of life in Charleston County by offering a diverse system of park facilities, programs and services. The large park system features over 10,000 acres of property and includes three land parks, three beach parks, four seasonally-lifeguarded beach areas, three dog parks, two landmark fishing piers, three waterparks, 19 boat landings, a climbing wall, a challenge course, an interpretive center, an equestrian center, cottages, a campground, a marina, as well as wedding, meeting and event facilities. The park system also offers a wide variety of recreational services – festivals, camps, classes, programs, and more. For more information on CCPRC, call 843-795-4386 or visit CharlestonCountyParks.com.