Thursday, May 22, 2014
What better way to honor one of the most endearing and symbolic animals of America's native wildlife than by joining the South Carolina Aquarium for World Word Turtle Celebration from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., May 24-25.
Turtle-riffic activities include:
– See many turtle species as you journey through more than 60 exhibits inside the aquarium
– Visit fun educational stations focusing on different species of turtles
– Watch terrapins, some of our smallest turtles, paint unique works of art
– Meet the teams that protect endangered sea turtles along the South Carolina coast
– Become inspired to help protect threatened and endangered turtles
– Additional tours of the Sea Turtle Hospital will be taking place. Four tours to choose from: 11 a.m., noon, 1 p.m., and 2 p.m. Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for children, and all proceeds go directly to care for the patients. To book a tour, visit www.scaquarium.org or call 843-577-FISH (3474).
– Enjoy sea turtle story time and a sea-turtle-themed craft and coloring table
World Turtle Celebration is a great opportunity to experience hands-on activities about the threats facing turtles and find out what can be done to protect them. World Turtle Celebration is included with Aquarium admission, for more information call 843-577-FISH (3474).
Moultrie News is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. We do not edit user submitted statements and we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not Moultrie News.