Girl fight ends when backup arrives

  • Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Police were dispatched to a traffic accident, and when they arrived, fire personnel was attending to the driver. A witness told police she was following the driver for several miles. She said she noticed the driver would speed up and then slow way down. In addition, the driver allegedly could not stay in his lane.

According to the report, the witness told police that the driver lost control of the car and ran into the grass, hitting the median guardrail, bouncing back toward the road before hitting the guardrail again.

EMS took the driver to the hospital while police searched his car.

The report said that police found three cans of electronic duster. Two of the three were cold to the touch as if they had just been used, the report said.

The driver was injured, so field sobriety tests were not administered. The driver was taken to the hospital where, once he was cleared for jail, he was charged with Driving Under Suspension, Reckless Driving and Inhaling Aromatic Hydrocarbon. He was then searched and additionally charged with Possession of Drug Paraphernalia after police found two pipes with residue on them.

Call in backup

Police were called to a hotel because two girls in the lobby got into a fight which spilled out into the parking lot. One was an employee on duty, the report said.

When police arrived, they questioned the manager who said one of the girls started calling her friends on the phone to come to the scene.

There was also a report that a gun was present, but it was never located.

According to the report, the argument was ended and at first both girls declined to press charges.

But, while officers were still on the scene, several carloads of people started pulling up as a result of the one girl summoning all of her friends to the hotel, the report said

At this point, both girls were arrested for causing a public disturbance.

Hugs not drugs

Police were called to a womanís home because a juvenile had been possibly left at home alone for a long period of time.

But when they arrived, they found that the woman had been home all along and in fact was in a business meeting with a client, the report said.

She said she never left her son that day.

According to the report, the woman said there are issues within the family and she believes her older daughter called police to make matters worse. She said her daughter recently began running with a group of kids known to abuse drugs and skip school, the report said.

The mother told police her daughter was staying at her auntís house and she would allow her to stay there for the night, but would deal with the issue in the morning.

Just a day off

Police were called in regards to a domestic disturbance. They found a woman sitting in her car and asked her to step out. When she did, the officers asked her what happened. At first, she refused to answer, the report said. The officer then asked for her identification and she declined to give it to him. She did give the officer her name, however.

She then told police that her husband accused her of having sex with other men for money. She said that this day was her day off and her husband accused her of being with another man. She said her husband then slapped her, according to the report.

Officers could find no signs of visible injury, however.

According to the report, she would not tell officers where she lived and did not want officers going to her home to talk to her husband. The officer ran her license tag and found her address, but when asked, she declined to press charges.

The officers finally asked what they could do for her and she said she wanted a place to go and stay.

The officer then called her mother for her and her mother agreed to take her in.

The officer offered her a ride and she said she wanted to drive herself.

When asked if she had been drinking, she said she had eight beers, according to the report.

The officer could smell the beer and her speech was slurred, so he explained he could not let her drive, the report said. She agreed to get a ride with the officers.

They left her car on the side of the road and gave her a ride to her momís.

Need a ride?

According to a report, a woman and her son went shopping at a local store. Before entering, the son parked his bike outside and then went in to purchase their items, the report said.

The report went on to say that when the two were finished shopping, they forgot to get the bike.

The next morning, they returned to the store where a clerk said the manager tucked the bike into some bushes on the side of the store, the report said. However, the bike was no longer there and the store does not have surveillance cameras.

The bike was estimated at $800 and no serial number for it could be provided.

The Police Blotter is intended to be an informative and/or humorous column written from police reports obtained from the Mount Pleasant Police Department. Many of the stories come from the initial incident reports and, occasionally, supplemental reports.

Generally, cases have not been adjudicated at the time of publication. See more columns at www.moultrienews.com.

Latest Videos
On Vacation
News from Twitter

Moultrie News

© 2016 Moultrie News an Evening Post Industries company. All Rights Reserved.

Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Parental Consent Form.