The Links, Incorporated Charleston (SC) Chapter in conjunction with a host of community partners will hold a roundtable called, “Linking With Our Community Against Human Trafficking.”
The event will be held Saturday, April 13 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. in the Burke High School Auditorium, 244 President Street.
Panelists and speakers include:
- Hon. Michèle Patrão Forsythe - The Statistics/Demographics of Human Trafficking - 9th Circuit Family Court Judge
- Sergeant Christine Moyer Smith - Finding/Arresting the Predators - Charleston County Sheriff’s Office
- Kaetlyn Brewer - Treating the Victims Executive Director, Darkness to Light Member, - Tri-County Human Trafficking Task Force
- Julie Todara - CCSD Programs/Practices that Address the Issue - Founder & Director, Charleston Heart for Freedom Charleston County School District
- Mark Dickson - How the Medical Community Identify/Treat Victims - Roper Saint Francis HealthCare
- Karla Martinez, Esquire - Legal Services for Victims - SC Legal Services Migrant Attorney
- Austen Williams - The International Campaign Against Human Trafficking - Executive Director, Project Free Style
Community partners include: Charleston Chapter - Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., YWCA Greater Charleston, Dr. David Rivers - MUSC Roper Saint Francis Healthcare, Darkness to Light, Jack & Jill of America, Inc. (Charleston Chapter).
For additional information, contact Dr. Marguerite Archie Hudson at email@example.com.