Charleston County School District’s (CCSD) Office and Strategy and Communications, along with two schools from CCSD, were honored at the South Carolina Chapter of the National School Public Relations Association’s (SC/NSPRA) annual Rewards for Excellence awards ceremony in West Columbia earlier this month.
The event celebrated 92 programs and projects from across the state for outstanding communications and public relations efforts by South Carolina schools, school districts, and education agencies and associations.
The program features three award categories:
- Medallion for comprehensive, well-planned public relations programs;
- Golden Achievement for a single project or projects that represent an aspect of a comprehensive program; and
- Publications and Electronic Media for individual publications or electronic media products such as presentations, photography, marketing, handbooks, magazines, calendars, and other special purpose publications designed to improve communication.
Almost 200 entries were judged by public relations veterans with extensive experience in educational and business communications. CCSD earned five Rewards for Excellence for Publications and Electronic Media and was one of only two districts to receive the prestigious Medallion honor:
- Engaging the Present and Future CCSD Teacher, Medallion Award
- CCSD 2017-2018 Year in Review, Special Purpose Publication
- Art Opening Doors – Stories of CCSD, In-House Video
- Project O.N.E.E. — Stories of CCSD, In-House Video
- Pinehurst Elementary School’s Website, School Website
- R.B. Stall High School’s Website, School Website
“Our office is not only committed to celebrating and informing our community about the accomplishments of our students and staff, but telling the stories behind those accomplishments as well,” said Erica Taylor, CCSD’s chief of staff. “We are grateful for this recognition, and the recognition our schools received from SC/NSPRA. Personally, I am extremely proud to work alongside such dedicated and talented communications professionals.”
SC/NSPRA is an affiliate of the National School Public Relations Association.
The state chapter is composed of school public relations practitioners, superintendents and other educational professionals from across the state. The organization strives to foster development in the field of school public relations and to encourage meaningful community involvement in and understanding of the public school system.
For more information about SC/NSPRA, visit scnspra.org.