Charles Hoey Bell, III, of Mount Pleasant, husband of Lea Mortensen Bell, passed on June 13th 2017 at age 90 after a long illness and is now at peace. Charles was born in Parkersburg, WV on March 24,1927 to the late Charles H. Bell, II and Helen Cramer. After graduating from West Point class of 1950, Charlie served in the 11th Airborne Division during the Korean War. Charlie always treasured the values he developed at West Point which helped him throughout his life. After resigning from the Army in 1955,Charlie went to work at WPAFB in Dayton, Ohio; then joined the engineering team withAMF’s Government Products Group in Greenwich, Ct; then became VP of Dortech in Stamford, Ct; then Senior VP at Seaboard World Airline at JFK in New York; he then joined The Aviation Group in Raleigh, NC and became President/Vice Chairman of Orion Air; He was the founder, President and CEO of Triad International Maintenance Corporation (TIMCO) in Greensboro, NC which became one of the largest and most successful independent aircraft maintenance companies in the world. Charlie was known to be a tough but fair businessman with honesty, integrity and who realized the importance of people. Charlie was a wonderful husband, father, grandfather and friend. He was a kind hearted, caring and generous man, a true gentlemen. Charlie was an avid sportsman and champion in handball & racquetball, and loved dancing with his wife Lea. He is survived by his loving wife Lea Bell of over 50 years, son Charles E. Bell (Andrea) of Mount Pleasant, SC and his daughter Pia Ford of Kill Devils Hill, NC and 6 grandchildren Sierra, Lexi, Luke, Carson, Molly and Floyd. A special thank you to our wonderful caregivers Angel, Sarah, Ann, Lana & Edna. Memorial services will be private. Arrangements by J. HENRY STUHR, INC., MOUNT PLEASANT CHAPEL. In lieu of flowers, please send donations in honor of Charlie to the Disabled American Veterans ( DAV), 109 Bee Street, Charleston, SC 29401. A memorial message may be sent to the family by visiting our website at www.jhenrystuhr.com.
- Teacher to Parent - Players assault coach; student attacks must be held accountable
- Mount Pleasant teen donates bikes to dozens of youth at Windwood Farm
- Jamie Lynn stuck ashore due to tides, strong winds
- Antonelli, Freeling, Wiseman highlight local all-state nods
- Man arrested after pursuit from North Charleston to Mount Pleasant
- How the Bishops measure success in the early rounds
- JBE teacher named 2019 VFW Elementary School TOY for SC
- Teacher to Parent - Curing the common student disease called 'irresponsibility'
- Letters to the Editor
- Mount Pleasant considers lowering building heights in Boulevard Overlay and Waterfront Gateway districts