On June 25, the Town of Mount Pleasant and 103.5 WEZL celebrated the final performance of their free outdoor annual concert series, Party in the Park, with nearly 6,000 attendees. For the last nine years they have put on productions every Tuesday evening in June at the Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park.
Nicole Harvey, the Special Events Manager for the town said this all started just to get people to visit the park. Now, the event has grown in numbers, vendors and has featured both up-and-coming and big-name country music artists.
The last show of the 2019 series featured artists Haley & Michaels, Haley Mae Campbell and David Lee Murphy. Food and drink vendors were spread around the outskirts of the park as the artists played on stage from 6-9 p.m. Murphy kept the crowd singing until the last minute as he ended the evening with his well-known hit "Dust on the Bottle."
To view videos from the event visit moultrienews.com/videos.
- Teacher to Parent - Curing the common student disease called 'irresponsibility'
- Wando nabs share of region title, home playoff game in regular-season finale
- Lynch named interim executive director of transportation for CCSD
- RiverDogs announce new front office hires
- Students participate in Battle of the Books competition
- Wando's Gosnell, Porter-Gaud's Singletary named All-American
- TMP's Pringle selected to Carolinas Classic all-star game
- Jamie Lynn stuck ashore due to tides, strong winds
- National Park Service seeks public comment on new exhibits for Charles Pinckney National Historic Site
- Road closure slated at intersection of Williamson Drive and Bay Tree Circle