The matchups have been announced for the 2019 Wooden Legacy to be held during the Thanksgiving weekend on Nov. 28, 29 and Dec. 1 at Anaheim Arena in Anaheim, Calif.
The College of Charleston men’s basketball team will face Wake Forest out of the ACC in the opening round on Thursday, Nov. 28 at 4:30 p.m. (ET) / 1:30 p.m. (PT). The game will be broadcast nationally on ESPNews.
For the 13th-straight year, the three-day, 12-game bracket tournament will be hosted by the Big West Conference. Long Beach State will be the host school as the 49ers will be competing in their third Wooden Legacy highlighted by a third-place finish in 2014.
Other schools in the 2019 Wooden Legacy are Arizona (Pac-12), College of Charleston (Colonial Athletic Association), Penn (Ivy League), Pepperdine (West Coast), Providence (BIG EAST), UCF (American Athletic) and Wake Forest (ACC). The Cougars last played in the tournament back in 2013.
The Wooden Legacy was formed in June 2013 when the John R. Wooden Classic was merged with the Anaheim Classic, which was an eight-school bracketed event played for six years (2007-12) at the Anaheim Convention Center.
Past Anaheim Classic/Wooden Legacy winners: USC (2007), Wake Forest (2008), West Virginia (2009), UNLV (2010), Saint Louis (2011), Cal (2012), San Diego State (2013), Washington (2014), Michigan State (2015), UCLA (2016), Washington State (2017) and Seton Hall (2018).
Owned and operated by ESPN Events, all 12 games of the 2019 Wooden Legacy will air on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and available on the ESPN App. All times listed below are Pacific Time Zone.
Thursday, Nov. 28
- Game 1 - Providence vs. Long Beach State, 11 a.m., ESPNU
- Game 2 - Wake Forest vs. College of Charleston, 1:30 p.m. ESPNews
- Game 3 - UCF vs. Penn, 5:30 p.m., ESPNU
- Game 4 - Pepperdine vs. Arizona, 8 p.m., ESPN2
Friday, Nov. 29
- Game 5 - Providence/Long Beach State winner vs. Wake Forest/College of Charleston winner, 11 a.m., ESPN2/ESPNews
- Game 6 - Providence/Long Beach State loser vs. Wake Forest/College of Charleston loser, 1 or 1:30 p.m., ESPN2/ESPNU
- Game 7 - UCF/Penn loser vs. Pepperdine/Arizona loser, 6 p.m., ESPNews
- Game 8 - UCF/Penn winner vs. Pepperdine/Arizona winner, 8:30 a.m., ESPN2
Sunday, Dec. 1
- Game 9 - Game 6 and Game 7 winners, 10:30 a.m., 12:30 or 1 p.m., ESPN2/ESPNews
- Game 10 - Game 5 and Game 8 losers, 10:30 a.m., 12:30 or 1 p.m., ESPN2/ESPNews
- Game 11 - Game 6 and Game 7 losers, 3:30 p.m., ESPN2/ESPNU
- Championship Game - Game 5 and Game 8 winners, 6 p.m., ESPN